Being a familiar face at various competitions and performances, Michelle is known as one of the few female beatboxers in Singapore. Heavily featured in Channel U’s Beatbox Asia Championship 2007 competition, and emerging as one of the Grand Finalist, Michelle took her newfound fame with a humble heart, wishing only to impart her love and joy of Beatboxing to others.
To name a few, Michelle has performed at numerous community functions and youth projects, performing as The Beatboxing Duo with fellow beatboxer Stitch to captivated audiences at Esplanade Concourse, was involved in basking activities along Orchard Road and Esplanade, and even graced and celebrated ESPRIT EDC Launch Collection together with other local celebrities.
True to her gentle and peaceful nature, Michelle specialises in Jazz and R&B music, rather than the mainstream Hip-hop beats. Returning to the roots of Beatboxing, Michelle has chosen the path less taken, venturing into the slower, yet more soulful beats, and sometimes even into the popular Asian and Dialect songs.
Patient and understanding, Michelle focuses her attention on ensuring her students understand the essence and technicality of Beatboxing. Enjoys working with kids, Michelle’s passion for Beatboxing is highly-infectious, and is well-known to bring out the heart and soul of her students through art with Beatboxing.
Some of Michelle's Performance / Competition Experience:
- Featured on Art Central 2006,
- Performed for Kovan Heartland Mall on Feb 16th 2007,
- Performed for ESPRIT EDC on Apr 4th 2007,
- Top 10 Finalist for Channel U’s Beatbox Asia Championship 2007,
- Featured on Channel U’s TVC for Beatbox Asia Championship 2007 competition as "Top 20 Finalist",
- Performed for Esplanade Concourse on 3rd Dec 2007,
- Performed for CDAC at ‘Scape Park on 8th Dec 2007.